What is the Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Mesa drivers often ask us here at Trucks Only, “What is the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity?” TheChevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity varies, depending on the year and configuration you choose. If you’re searching for a dependable and capable used pickup truck, you’ll be impressed with the Chevy Silverado 1500. For example, the 2021 Silverado 1500 towing capacity is up to 13,300 pounds, and the Silverado 1500 payload capacity goes up to 2,280 pounds. Learn more about the Silverado 1500 towing capacity here, and then get behind the wheel of one at Trucks Only.
Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
From weekend adventures in to the job site in and beyond, the Chevy Silverado is up for the task. The Chevy Silverado 1500 offers plenty of engine choices, and the Chevy Silverado towing capacity depends on the engine type and model year. But, below you’ll get an idea of how the engine types impact the Chevy Silverado towing capacity for the 2021 model year:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This Chevy Silverado 1500 engine for 2021 provides 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: You’ll appreciate the best-in-class performance of 285 hp with 305 lb-ft of torque, along with the ability to tow up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: This potent engine provides a towing capacity of up to 11,600 pounds and delivers 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This powerful engine provides drivers the ability to tow up to 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim), and it delivers 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: If you prefer the long-term durability of a Chevy diesel engine, this powertrain provides 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum Chevy Silverado towing capacity of 9,300-pounds.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 provides plenty of muscle. The Chevy Silverado 1500’s impressive hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, along with other towing features, are just some of the many things that make towing easier. It comes with a variety of fabulous towing and hauling features that give more control and peace of mind when you’re behind the wheel. Check out these remarkable towing features:
- Trailering Package: Every 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 comes standard with the Trailering Package. It includes a trailering hitch platform with a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, plus an automatic locking rear differential,
- Optional Max Trailering Package: You can boost your towing capabilities even more with this package. It is available on select 2021 Silverado 1500 trims and has revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and much more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: If you’ve ever experienced the frustration of not being able to see what’s behind you when towing, you know how essential this feature is. Extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado 1500 trucks help enhance visibility and safety on Mesa roads.
Find Your Used Chevy Silverado at Trucks Only Today
Now that you understand the Chevy Silverado towing capacity and Silverado 1500 payload, if you’re ready to get behind the wheel of a Chevy Silverado, contact Trucks Only. Our friendly and experienced team will answer all your questions and take you for a test drive to help you truly get an understanding of the impressive Silverado 1500 payload capacity. Then, let our finance specialists work their magic to get you an affordable price. We’re here for you, so reach out to us today.
More from Trucks Only
The Toyota Tundra is known for its robust towing power, and the 2021 model is no exception. If you are shopping for a pre-owned pickup, there are plenty of reasons to put the 2021 Toyota Tundra at the top of your list. The Toyota Tundra towing capacity reaches up to 10,200 pounds when properly equipped,…
There are a few ways to configure your Chevy Silverado 1500, and the bed size you select may influence the rest of your truck setup. There are three beds from which to choose, as well as three cabins, so you’re sure to find the Silverado model best suited to your driving and work needs in…
Even though there are millions of vehicles on the roads of and all across the United States, many drivers are unsure about the flex fuel meaning and how it can affect their daily drives in and beyond. What is a flex fuel vehicle? The team at Trucks Only discusses this innovative technology and what…