2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
When properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum towing capacity reaches 11,800 pounds with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering Package. This light-duty pickup truck can easily handle everything your job site throws at it. Read on to learn more about how this powerful pickup can elevate your drive.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
With the 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package, the 2021 Sierra 1500 can tow up to 11,800 pounds. If you opt for a Sierra 1500, you can choose from a variety of features, options, and much more:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
- Various trim levels and accessories options
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: To achieve the maximum 11,800-pound towing capacity, you’ll need this option. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, an enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Depending on your drive mode, this system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Manipulate and monitor your trailer brakes by using the control buttons situated on the center console.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. You can also pair this with a trailer-mounted camera.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System connects you with innovative towing technology that utilizes high-resolution cameras, your Sierra’s infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through easier than ever.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: View dynamic grid lines and utilize a zooming function to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
Experience the GMC Sierra 1500 at Trucks Only
Does the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 sound like a truck that fits your needs? Visit our dealership today to see this truck in action through a test drive. If you have any questions or concerns before visiting us, don’t hesitate to contact our team! You can even apply for financing from home!
Used Sierra 1500 for Sale in AZ
More About Our Used Trucks
While there are plenty of trucks on the market today, the Chevy lineup has stood the test of time for its immense strength and capabilities on the roads. While you could take your pick of the Chevy Silverado 1500 or lifted Silverado trucks, it’s the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity that really takes performance…
The Toyota Tundra is known for its robust towing power, and the 2021 model is no exception. If you are shopping for a pre-owned pickup, there are plenty of reasons to put the 2021 Toyota Tundra at the top of your list. The Toyota Tundra towing capacity reaches up to 10,200 pounds when properly equipped,…
There are a few ways to configure your Chevy Silverado 1500, and the bed size you select may influence the rest of your truck setup. There are three beds from which to choose, as well as three cabins, so you’re sure to find the Silverado model best suited to your driving and work needs in…